Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New foods, Jeonju, soup and a funny picture!

So last week we went out to the same Chinese restaurant we had last time. However I got to eat octopus, muscles and raw salmon. I loved all of it! It was such a shock! I don't like sea food and this was great. Maybe it was because it was fresh. Either way it was great!
































































So we went to Jeonju this weekend (on Saturday). I got to ride a train (25 minutes). I like to point out I have some sort of fear on every vehicle except a car. The train was ok until we sat in between cars. I was nervous then for a good 5 minutes whenever it screeched. This is Iskan's train station. You order your ticket through a computer (there was an English button). There is always an English button...its great!
































































So this is the train station at Jeonju! It already looked a bit old fashioned with the roof top. The whole town (except for the palace) was updated a bit. You'll see later. By the way Iksan, Jeonju and another town starting with a G are trying to be one big city! If that's the case it will be huge! (1.5 hours to drive through on main roads).






















































So this is some pictures of Jeonju before we went to the old part of town. You can see some mountains in the first couple of pictures. The third picture is the 'old part' of town. I say old part because it has been updated and modernized. Still really cool though.





































































































































So this is the palace we went to. It is were all the Kings were picked during one of the dynasty's in Korea. I can't recall the dynasty (nor the spelling if I did) so I'll get back to you on that one. It was really neat! Wish you would of seen it.











































































I decided not to take a picture of the throne room. Mainly because it said no pictures. I also took no video out of respect. It was really neat though. However these are pictures of the court where the upper society lives





















































Bamboo Forest!






































































So These are my coworkers. From left to right it is Margaret, Kathy, Alice and Russell. All of them are runners and run marathons. It is rediculous! But its really cool at the same time. I feel fat :(































So this is the Map of Jeonju. That little red rectangle just to the right of the center is where I was at that palace.















































































Mainly for Danielle. This place is the Korean version on Barnes and Noble!




























Awesome little cake store. It is really tiny (maybe two of my old bedroom in my last apartment) but still so cool!. They sell personal cakes.

































Just wanted to say what the hell on this one.

















So here we had dinner. The stores name was translated into Love for Everyone. Some of the best pizza here I do declare!












This is a coffee shop we went to while in Jeonju. Grace (not pictured yet. I'll get one) knew the owner to the store. He loves antiques and owns an amazing shop. I'll let the pictures talk for me.


































































These were the menus to the coffee shop. They are all hand written on neat paper and bound with wood. It was awesome!































So this was called Hot Lemon Tea. My tongue is still burnt from it (4 days later) but it was very very VERY good. I actually enjoyed it so much I didn't hear my co-workers calling my name... By the way look at hall small the spoon is compared to my hand.











































































So this is the soup I made. It was supposed to be french onion soup. There is no veggie bouillon cups so I got this veggie soup mix. So to save it I added salt and garlic powder. It was still cooked for an hour so it lost a lot of water. However it turned into a bread dipping soup and it tasted delicious! I have no idea how the hell to make it though. It would have to be another trial and error....
















So this is my photoshopped picture that work decided to put up. They shrunk my head, made my eyes smaller, my neck looks longer, and the top of my head is smaller than the bottom. I look weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment