Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Early Chusok at School!

So today (Monday 9.20.10) I went to work. The rest of the week we don't have work to celebrate Chusok (not sure why we didn't get Monday off...). Chusok is Korean Thanksgiving. It celebrates the harvest and they celebrate their ancestors. All the teachers (except Alicen, Kathy, and I) and kindergartners dressed up in Hanboks. These are traditional outfits that were worn long ago. Hope you enjoy!
There is the ever nice Kate Lee leading the kids I teach math on Fridays!
At this point we are ready to make traditional food!
This is Songpyeon. It is essentially rice cake (chewy like gummy bears) with sugar and a little ground bean in the center. I have the whole recipe photographed if you want to try!
I feel she had the prettiest outfit!
So none of the American staff had any of this. We all watched them roll it on the mat. That and they are kindergartners. Even if Koreans as a whole don't care about germs they are still the dirties!

I hope you enjoyed this! I did a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment