Sunday, August 29, 2010

A trip through Iksan!

My School Close Up!















So I woke up, showered, and got ready for my day! And then tried using the phone.....It took 20 minutes, accidentally calling the desk like 4 times, 1 of them having a 5 minute conversation which told me to hit 9 to dial out, till the manager came up and handed me his cellphone with a polite smile. I called to make sure I was meeting up with people at 11am. Then I went to get a taxi and the manager's wife gave me an umbrella (which I turned down nicely, I didn't want to loose it). She was the only one who understood I wanted to go to Home Plus (a Korean Wal-mart essentially). By the way....driving for 15minutes was a 4430 Won ticket which is roughly $3.70.


We met up with everyone and had some food to each. I ended up eating Kemshi (spelling), Onion, a sweet pickle, a spicy pickle, a noodle rice with beans and meat, and some egg rolls all for about $4 US. It was a feast. But was also super healthy.



































So this one is for my mom the Animal lover....yea I'm mean....
















Everywhere we went was built within the last 7 years. Because the Korean war they had a fresh start. Where my motel is the buildings have been around forever. Then there is the school's area where it was built in 7 years, and then nothing but rice patties. It is a bit unreal really. Here are some pictures of it.






































Next we went to 'Electronic Land' to get a converter. No luck. Went down to this shop that looked like it belonged there and the owner walked us down a block to show us where we could get one tomorrow. Everyone is nice. Here is that place.














The Home Plus we stopped by was insane. There were people yelling out prices and on top of that it is huge! It is like 4 stores of essentially Wal-Mart. Good luck to me finding stuff the first few times... I did get used to the currency though really quick. It is super easy...


































We then started to walk down the street and headed to what was a coffee shop. I proved again I didn't know anything and just stood there for 8 minutes waiting for my ice cream. I didn't know they had everything on one buzzer so that we would get all of our things at once...doh!

So now we went to visited someone's apartment. I didn't take pictures of it inside but I'll show them to you on Thursday when I get in. Here is the road to it and the building.











































































There is no regulation when it comes to internet. So I believed all this is hijacked internet....














Real sugar in soda = awesome! So much smoother!















Had my first pizza! The closer one is a plain cheese (which comes with corn?) and it was delicious! The one on the top right was a deluxe of things I cant remember. The one on the top right was something I cant remember (except the pineapple). I had the first too. It was the first time I actually got a bit sick from eating. It only lasted for a bit so no biggie.
















It does exist....Channel 49. I watched it a bit and realize there are a crap load of games they play here not just Starcraft. It was interesting.


1 comment:

  1. We had coke with real sugar in Israel. It really is so much better.
    I'm looking forward to reading more of your experiences. Glad you survived and enjoyed the plane ride. Thinking of you made me feel bad about complaining on my 2 hour flight yesterday.

    ReplyDelete