Saturday, August 28, 2010

Korea!

Hey Guys I made it! There is so much to talk about but I haven't the time to do it!

I'll let the videos do the talking. Sorry about the shots up my nose....and being quite. People sit next to you and there isn't enough space because of it to do anything!

(Video Later...having problems with it)

We got delayed. We ran over something that wrecked a tire so we had to sit for 3 hours while they replaced it. They had a lot of things on the little computer screen on the back of the chair in front of me. I could watch 1 of 30 movies, listen to Korean/American music, play games (got good at minesweeper), and more!

(Video Later....having problems with it)

Our flight passed! I was so annoyed that I had to sit for 3 hours...then have to anticipate a 13.5 hour sitting while on the plane (except for 1 bathroom break I sat... I sat at the window and the two people blocking me slept most of the time) and then have to sit for 3 hours on a bus ride was already going to take its toll on me.

(Video Later....having problems with it)

Hey! I'm not afraid of flying! I enjoyed it! Granted the two rather large turbulence we had scared to crap out of me buy they only lasted 10 seconds. The food was great! They past out a small 3" diamater bread thing filled with a beef and sauce mixture. It was soo good and they gave me another part way through the flight. I didn't get much to drink at first because the flight attendants were everywhere. For the lunch portion I got beef (same sauce I think) with rice, a fruit bowl (which I didn't eat, don't like watermelon, melon, and pineapple), a salad bowl, and one other thing. For dinner I got the beef again (too good to pass up) with veggies, salad....maybe...I just forgot what was for dinner. There was tea but the attendants were busy helping so many people that forgot about me....

So customs and everything was very easy to work with. Baggage was easy (as long as you were patient) and getting a bus ticket was easy. Apparently travelers checks weren't used.....I have to figure out what to do with them. I do like to point out that I found the only non-global ATM first and didn't check until I asked an individual what was going on. I'd like to point out that within the first 20 minutes after I got my bags I was stopped and helped out by 3 different Korean people. I must of had 'Cant read anything' stamped on my head. Many people also asked if I was in the military. Even the guy from New York asked if I was in the military. He was very sad that he was stuck 6 months on an airforce base leaving his girlfriend of 14 months. I didn't want to point out that I'm leaving my girlfriend of 5 years and 2 months for almost two years (she leaves for England just before I come back).

By the way....sooo many rice patties....

I met with the SoGang University people and they all thought I'd be taller... Tammy (my boss) speaks very fluent English. Dr...something is very hard to understand. I met Russel and Margaret (both from Minnesota) and they are awesome. We have a hangout date that I will be attending. I'm really hungry too....hopefully I'll get some food soon. I have to figure out a tax too :(. Good news though. I live 4 blocks from work. Next to my future apartment is essentially a Shopko. Right in front of work is essentially a walmart (2 story) and a target side by side. There are a million 24hr markets everywhere.

The apartment is nice...I will have pictures of that on my facebook! If you don't write a comment and I'll email you them. Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2164958&id=219700409&saved#!/album.php?aid=2164958&id=219700409&ref=mf

Alright guys I'll try to get those videos working. I'm wide awake and ready for my day to begin. Suck it jet lag!

No comments:

Post a Comment