Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A really late night!

So I don't really have time to type and sleep (it is 3am here) but we had a great time at the welcome new workers and good bye old workers. I have a video here that will explain stuff and some pictures of after the video you can see that I have taken. Sorry this is short but I need to go to bed :) P.S. I had a sandwich toasted with egg, chicken, cheese, and a kiwi spice sauce for lunch and it was delicious!





So there were too of these tables. There were about 30 of us celebrating at this place. The black grill circles is where everyone would place their food to cook. It was really neat! although my legs hurt from crossing after awhile. I didn't say this in the video but the older Korean ladies that sat next to two of my co-workers and I started cooking and putting the food on our place. It is assumed that American's don't know how to grill and we were eating to slow. They were worried we weren't going to each (although I was already eating fast).










Cooked cow intestines! I had 3-4 1.5" pieces. It is considered to be the freshest meat because when the cow is alive the mucus inside is constantly 'refreshed!'










From bottom to top the yellow liquid is a salty sauce, the green veggies had red pepper spice, the middle dish had the bug larvae, and this was followed by garlic slices and a red bean/read pepper sauce.









Beef and pork!













The bottom dish is Kimche and the green dish is a noodle of some sort (rice noodle?). Once you have all of these foods cooked you take what you like and place it in a lettuce leaf, wrap it up, and eat it. I did forget the egg soap (soupy scrambled egg). No picture but really good!

1 comment: