Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Beginning...or a time after that?

Hey!

So I figured that since this is my first time posting on this new site (thanks to Kim) I thought I'd post my thoughts and feelings on going to South Korea. Most of the preparations are complete and I just have to get a plane ticket, pack, and get my work visa once the school gives me a verification number.

I am definitely starting to feel the pressure. I am switching between not wanting to go and going now that my time with everyone is short until next year. Eric's flag football is a blast, new edition of Warhammer Fantasy, friends to hand with, family to miss, and not seeing Danielle everyday except through a tiny webcam will seem be hard to adjust to.

However the benefits will be great! New country, new experiences, and new adventures to try and test. I do like the idea of exploring a new culture while working with children to expand my chances to get into grad school. Pretty much the main reason why I am going. I do enjoy hanging with the youngsters and I often feel guilty when no one helps them when they suffer. Pretty much the reason why I have my psychology degree with multiple classes in childhood development in it.

Well this seems like enough for now. Tomorrow or sometime soon I hope to test the video and audio options as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment